Hey Readers! Feeling Healthier and Happier? Today we will talk about Vitamins. There are many types of vitamins. Let’s see what function they have and what their sources are. But before that, Readers you are always allowed to ask questions related to blog so please do ask.
Vitamins; Their Functions and Their Sources
- Vitamin B1– It helps in producing energy in our body. Its sources are whole grains, dried beans, nuts, and seeds.
- Vitamin B2– It helps in producing energy and using other Vitamin B in the body. It is present in Soybean, Meat and Poultry, Eggs.
- Vitamin B3– It helps our body use protein, fat, and carbohydrate to make energy. Mushroom, Peanut butter, and Whole Grains are rich in it.
- Vitamin B6 – It helps in making our body use protein and glycogen, which is the stored energy in muscles. Helps in forming hemoglobin, which forms oxygen in our blood. Potato, Banana, Oatmeals have Vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B12– It works with Vitamin folate to make DNA. It helps to make healthy blood cells. Milk, cheese, Yogurt is rich in Vitamin B12.
- Vitamin C– It helps in preventing cell damage and reduce the risk of heart disease, certain cancers and other diseases. Citrus fruits such as oranges, grapes, and their juices contain Vitamin C.
- Vitamin A– It promotes normal growth and development. Some fishes, milk, and cheese are rich in Vitamin A.
- Vitamin D– It protects against infections keeping our immune system healthy. Milk, Soy and rice beverages are containing Vitamin D.
- Vitamin E– It acts as an antioxidant and prevents cell damage. Vegetable Oils, Avocado, and leafy green vegetables provide Vitamin E.
- Vitamin K– It is responsible for making body proteins for our blood, bones, and kidneys.
Vitamins for Weight Loss
- Vitamin B is essential for the full functioning of metabolism. Its main function is to help our body metabolize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins to used stored energy in food. If this vitamin is not present, our metabolism will not be functioning effectively thus causing weight loss to be harder. Hence, it is important in weight loss. They make up a group of eight water-soluble Vitamins . They do not help much in losing weight but they help in controlling our appetite and keep our energy levels up.
- Vitamin D is so easy to get but my friends who will go outside to get it. Most of the people go out less or avoid going out in sunlight. If our body is deficient of Vitamin D then it is critical for our immune system. Health Researches have noticed the lower amount of Vitamin D in over-weighted people. Any obese or overweight people taking food rich in Vitamin D lose weight more quickly than those taking any supplements do do.
- Eating food having Vitamin C and iron can help improve absorption thus helping in weight loss. If you work out then you are likely to have less Vitamin C. According to an Article, Vitamin C helps us burn 30 % of more fat during exercise. You will have a tough time losing weight if you are not getting much Vitamin C rich diet than those who are. Even if you do rigorous workout still they will lose more weight than you will. An adult needs 75-90 mg of Vitamin C in a day. Are you having it? It is a healthy addition to your weight loss plan.
- Most People do not meet the recommended intake of Vitamin A for weight loss. According to the Office of Dietary supplement, this being a fat-soluble vitamin is important in the regulation of thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones check how our body cells use energy. When they are low, it slows down the metabolism of the body and body parts get weak. Make sure to get 700-900 micrograms of Vitamin A in a day.
There is no miracle that can work for losing weight but getting enough vitamins from a healthy diet makes it easy for you to maintain healthy body weight. A deficiency in any of the above-mentioned vitamins can make weight loss harder. Deficiency in Vitamins makes you feel more tired and you cannot exercise too. Exercise is necessary for weight loss. Get your vitamins from a Healthy Balanced diet instead of taking supplements. If you are planning to take supplements, do not take them without consulting with a doctor. Excess of everything is bad and so is of Vitamins so do not take them in excess too.
Hope you have learned a lot about vitamins. For more information on Health, Stay tuned. Till then remain healthy and happy.