Can meal prep increase your chances of sticking to a diet plan by up to 70%?
What is Effective Meal Prep?
Effective Meal Prep is the phenomenon of preparing a part of or whole of your meal ahead of time. Meal prep not only saves your time, but it also saves your money and gives you healthier food.
Mean prepping also includes the preparing of the meal ahead of time, with unprocessed, nutritious ingredients. This will lead to a healthier diet that overall positively influences the healthy living of an individual.
How to proceed with effective meal prep?
- Make a plan with dates: Pick up a day when you will be preparing your meals beforehand. As a matter of fact, beginning with little steps will help you achieve your goal. Prepare one or two meals beforehand, on the day you pick. Thus, start off with small steps to proceed into a daily habit of effective meal prep.
- Pick up the right ingredients: For a sustainable and proper food habit, you must pick the right ingredients required for the preparation of the meal. Also, select the amount in which you want to cook. The right measurement depending on the number of people is also important.
Your ingredients must include proper macro ingredients that help you to be properly nourished and to have a proper balance of vitamins and minerals.
- Using Right Container: It is absolutely essential to use the right container in order to store a meal so that it remains fresh and healthy. A slow cooker, Rubbermaid sets, Easy Lunchbox sets are essential for the meal to remain fresh.
An unhealthy and rotten meal can cause immense health issues.
- Focus on meals that are simple: It is important to prepare meals which are simple and use the ingredients which can be quickly cooked in a variety of ways. This spares the taste buds from boredom in addition to saving your time.
Benefits of Meal Prepping
- Removal of Temptation: Because meals are prepared ahead of time, you cannot waste food and have to consume the prepared meal. As a consequence, even though you can be tempted to have delicious, fast food, you will be restricted to consume the meal you have already cooked. Hence, the habit of prepping unprepared meal is definitely beneficial in the context of the removal of temptation.
- Management of Hunger: Meal Prepping helps an individual to manage hunger because whenever hunger strikes in, you can easily consume the meal that you have prepared and do not need to wait.
Having food at proper intervals also prevents overeating.
- Being the master of your diet: You can easily control your diet by preparing the meal on your own. You will exactly know the calorific value and the amount of vitamin, minerals you input in your diet.
- Saving Time: As we have seen, doing a task ahead of time saves our time to a great extent. The same concept is applicable to meal prepping, too. As a matter of fact, at the end of a tiresome day, you will be relieved that you don’t have to cook. Thus, sometimes it acts as a savior too.
How can meal prep lead to sticking to a diet plan by up to 70%?
Meal prep can lead to sticking to a diet plan by 70%. This is evident from the procedure of meal prep itself.
- First, the calorific value of your meal is fixed by yourself because you will be preparing the meal all by yourself. The meal that you will prepare will have the calorific value according to your diet plan. As a result, you can follow at least 70% of your diet plan.
- The temptations of fast food or food prepared from outside is reduced. As the meal is prepared ahead of time, you will definitely not like to waste the meal. Consequently, the urge to eat outside, the food that is prepared with much more oil and fat than required, reduces. Hence, the calorie intake reduces and the diet plan is properly maintained.
- The meals are prepared by keeping in mind of your diet plan. Hence, hunger management at regular intervals also contributes to the maintenance of a diet plan by 70%.
Hence, it is evident that following the strategy of meal prep, the diet can be followed by 70%, in addition to other advantages. Thus, we can conclude that meal prepping is indeed a remark. Consult with Delhi’s best dietitians to understand your customized diet plan and meal prep ways as per your choice of cultural background.