Hey Readers! How are you doing? Feeling Healthy and Happy? When life gives you tummy fat, start loving lemons. When you have stress at work, keep a napkin with lemon zest wrapped in it on your table. The scent of fresh lemon has an anti-stress effect. So let us read more about lemons.
Health Benefits of Lemon
Cleans the Body Internally
Lemons are loaded with healthy benefits, and particularly, they are a great vitamin C food source. One cup of fresh lemon juice provides 187 percent of your daily-recommended serving of vitamin C. Lemon juice also offers up a healthy serving of potassium, magnesium, and copper.
The acids found in lemon juice also encourage your body to process the good stuff in foods more slowly. This drawn-out absorption means insulin levels remain steady and you get more nutrients out of the foods you consume. Better nutrient absorption means less bloating. Lemon water benefits the enzyme functions in your body, stimulating the liver and flushing out toxins. Because it is a mild diuretic, you might find yourself using the bathroom more often, helping the urinary tract get rid of any unwanted elements. All of this helps detox body & skin (Learn more on how you can detoxify your body?).
It stimulates white blood cell production, vital for your immune system to function properly. As an antioxidant, vitamin C also protects cells from oxidative damage. In addition, getting enough vitamin C helps the immune system keep colds and flu at bay. Drink hot water with lemon juice and Himalayan salt in it to soothe the sore throat. Drinking lemon water daily ensures your body gets a sizable amount of vitamin C daily.
Help shed pounds
Regularly sipping on lemon water can help you lose those last pounds. That is because lemons contain pectin, a type of fiber commonly found in fruits. Pectin helps you feel full longer; that satiated feeling means you will chow down less throughout the day. In addition, did you know that when you are even mildly dehydrated, you’re more prone to things like headaches, fatigue, and an overall bad mood? Chugging down lemon water helps your body stay hydrated and feeling happy (get more tips on weight loss).
Boosts energy and mood
Skip the morning cup of coffee — lemon water can boost energy levels without the caffeine crash. Here’s how it works: Our bodies get energy from the atoms and molecules in foods. When negative-charged ions, like those found in lemons, enter your digestive tract, the result is an increase in energy levels all naturally.
How to Buy and Use Lemons
- When buying lemons, opt for ones that are fully yellow and, if possible, organic. If the fruit is still green, it isn’t fully ripe. Thinner-skinned lemons are juicier. Keep away from lemons that look dull, wrinkled or excessively hard.
- Storing lemons in a sealed plastic bag keeps lemons fresh much longer than leaving them at room temperature.
- To make preparing lemon water even easier, juice several lemons into an ice cube tray and freeze. Pop a few cubes in a glass of water to have fresh lemon juice at the ready anytime.
- When preparing lemon water, it is best to add the lemon juice to room temperature or warm water — start with half a lemon’s worth of juice. Drinking cold lemon water can be a shock to your system.
- You get the benefits of lemon water whenever you drink it, but sipping on it in the morning will kick-start your day. Try a glass about a half hour before breakfast; the lemon juice in your belly will help your body absorb your breakfast nutrients better.
Possible Side Effects
While lemon water is one of the safest drinks you can ingest, the acids in lemon can eat away at your tooth enamel. To prevent this, drink lemon water before brushing your teeth — the overnight bacteria will protect your teeth a bit. Drink from a straw and rinse with baking soda to neutralize any acid that might be left on your teeth.
Hope you liked this blog. Stay tuned for more healthy tips. Till then be happy and healthy. Contact us for a free consultation.