What do you mean by the term cheat diet?
Cheat diet is a broader connotation incorporating within itself three terms i.e., cheat meals, reward meals, free meals. It is a term employed to mean having a meal in which you are allowed to eat freely. What this means is that for the whole week you are to follow a strict diet plan, and when you follow it successfully, you are given a few meals as a reward. You are allowed to relax on that very meal and allowed freely to eat according to your desire.
How does cheat diet help following a diet pattern?
The main object behind any concept of cheat diet as such is to allow you to stick to your diet. It acts as an allurement for following a strict diet pattern. Many people want to lose fat, become slim, maintain a fixed weight, etc., but the biggest reason why they are not able to do so is that they do not want to avoid those delicious food items. They find it difficult to follow the diet pattern suggested by professionals as they find these diet pattern devoid of any flavor or taste. So, if simply asked to follow a strict diet pattern that would really be a tedious task to convince them to do so. However, if you provide them with the allurement of their favorite food as a reward for adopting those strict patterns, there are high probabilities that they might get convinced.
What are some healthier alternatives to bun, sauces, Tikki and toppings?
Healthy alternatives to burger buns-
- Lettuce wraps are a very healthy alternative. It allows you to avoid extra
- Sweet potato sliders are another good option.
- Then comes Portobello patties. These are large size mushrooms equal to the size of your fist.
- You can go for whole wheat buns.
- The purple-colored eggplants act as another healthy option.
- The tomato buns are also good for health.
- High fiber tortillas can even be used for this purpose.
Healthy alternatives to burger sauces-
- Curry mayo
- Roasted garlic-balsamic aioli
- Sriracha sauce
- Bell pepper sauce
Healthy alternatives to burger toppings-
- Green chilly
What are the points to be kept in mind while preparing a cheat diet?
- One of the biggest difficulties faced by people who practice cheating diet is this that they are full of guilt. Well, there is nothing to be guilty about. It is just a reward for following a strict diet pattern. That’s it, nothing more than that.
- Do not turn your cheat diet into a cheat day, cheat week and so on. Remember it is just a cheat diet.
- Plan when to cheat. You can fix any particular time as to when you will cheat. This will help you in sticking to your diet more firmly.
- Do not over cheat. This means when you are on cheat diet, do not overeat. Eat-in moderate quantity only. There is no point in starving yourself for a long duration of time and then having your cheat diet.
- Create calorie buffers in your food pattern.
- Order the best version of a cheat meal, not the worst one. This means that do not add all unhealthy food items in your cheat diet. Have some patience.
- Do not fast before cheat meal so that you can have any quantity of these unhealthy foods. Instead of hydrating yourself and eat accordingly.
- Do not forget portion size at any cost and learn to control it as far as practicable.
How much cheat diet you should have in a week and when to have it?
Well, there is no strict rule in this regard. But one of the most practical solution in this regard is to have 10 percent of the actual diet. Let me explain this to you. For instance, five meals on a daily basis, then on a weekly basis you are to eat thirty-five meals. Now if you take 10 percent of this, then it comes to be 3.5. This means that you can have 3 to 4 meals a week. So, now you must have got a clear cut idea regarding this. Please note that the cheat meals may vary depending on your daily meal intake.