FORMULA WHICH HELPS YOU TO FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH WATER YOU NEED TO DRINK EVERYDAY
Water is one such thing without which one cannot think of existence. We can live without food for a few days, but we cannot live without water. Water is indeed one of the most precious things on earth. Since the water we take in the body is being continuously used and lost, we need to develop a strategy which revolves around how much water should we actually drink. Let us know certain formulae to figure out as to how much water we need to drink every day in order to remain fit and healthy.
- The first step in this regard is to know your body weight. Calculating the amount of water intake on the weight parameter seems sensible as this clearly reflects the capacity and requirement of an individual. In fact, there exists a direct proportionality between the amount of water to drink and the weight of the individual. Larger the weight, higher the intake of water and lesser the weight, lower the intake of water. The water requirement of a man of 90 pounds and another man of 40 pounds is naturally bound to be different.
- The next step is a bit controversial as the views of people in this regard are different. Some suggest multiplying the weight by 2/3 while others suggest multiplying it by ½ in order to determine the daily intake of water. The result so obtained will reflect the ounces of water to be drunk daily.
- The third and final step is to adjust the result obtained in the second stage according to the activity level performed by you. The logic behind this is very simple. Any physical activity involves sweating and sweat means expulsion of water. For instance, if you do physical activity for around 30 minutes you should add 12 ounces of water to the daily intake, and if you do this process for around 45 minutes, you should add 18 ounces of water to your daily intake.
- In the first stage, measure/calculate your body weight in pounds.
- In the next step, divide this body weight by 2.2.
- Now proceed further on the basis of your age. Multiply the result obtained in the previous step with 40, if your age is below 30; with 35, if your age is in between 30 and 55; with 30 if your age is above 55.
- The sum so obtained should be divided by 28.3.
- This final result is the ounces of water that should be consumed daily.
- For calculating the amount of water in cups it can further be divided by 8.
This is the simple rule for calculating the amount of water to be taken on the basis of body weight. However, if you undergo any physical activity this amount has to be considerably managed according to that. Let us know what to do in that situation.
- First of all, the number of minutes you exercise needs to be divided by 30.
- Thereafter, you need to multiply that number by 12.
- The sum so obtained should be added to the result obtained previously so as to calculate the amount of water you need to drink daily.
What are the various factors which can determine the intake of water in the body?
Apart from body weight and physical exercise, the amount of water taken also depends on a number of factors like:
- Ecological factors- Environment plays a significant role in determining the amount of water intake. This can better be understood as: in hot and humid weather conditions, you sweat more, this means you lose more water, so your demand for water is bound to increase. Similarly, in cold weather conditions, you hardly sweat, so your demand for water decreases.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding– It is a condition in which the body needs to be kept hydrated. So, you need to consume extra water while you are facing such situations in life.
- Health factors– Health plays a pivotal role in shaping your thirst. Well, an ill person might lose a considerable amount of water from his body, so as to increase his demand for water.
How to achieve your daily water goals?
Simply calculating the daily water requirement is not enough. You even need to drink that amount of water. For this, you need to adopt certain strategies like:
- You can drink one glass of water before every meal. This will not only help you reach towards your goal, but it is scientifically proven to help you lose weight.
- Drink one or two glasses of water as soon as you wake up in the morning. It even has some health-related
- You can add various flavors to your water so that it becomes tasty.
- Set reminders. You can set alarms at regular intervals suggesting you to drink water.
- Make marks on the container so as to keep a track of your water intake.
- Reward yourself. When you achieve your goal, gift yourself with your favorite chocolate or do anything you like.
Thus, by following these methods you can decide how much water does your body need in order to stay fit and keep your body healthy by achieving your desired weight loss goals.