How healthy the fries are?
Fries are one of the most widely sold food throughout the country These high-fat munchies are eaten by almost every age group people in the world. We all find it to be very delicious but very few of us are aware of its harmful effects. Let us discuss some of its harmful effects in detail.
- These are rich in fat content and this high-fat content is a cause of excessive weight. Not simply this, but excessive fat might rupture the nerve cells in the brain which are entrusted with the task of weight control.
- The high amount of saturated and Trans fat present in fries raises the level of cholesterol in the blood. The rise in cholesterol level is a root cause of various heart-related diseases, diabetes, attacks, etc.
- The excessive amount of carbohydrate present in fries might lead to diseases like obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart diseases, cancer, etc.
- Fries are rich in salt content. This excessive salt content leads to high chances of high blood pressure, heart diseases, kidney diseases, strokes, etc.
- French fries are fried in such hydrogenated vegetable oils which are destructive for the health of human beings.
- Fries have been recognized as one of the greatest sources of acrylamide. Acrylamide is not simply carcinogenic, but also non-toxic. It is both cancers causing and damaging the genetic material of the body.
- Fries contain dextrose in them. Dextrose is a kind of added sugar. The problem with dextrose is this that it remains stored in fat tissues as they cannot be digested, so leading to obesity and insulin resistance in severe cases.
- Fries contribute to allostatic load in human beings. It is a kind of disorder related to chronic stress in human beings.
- Fries contain a good amount of sodium acid pyrophosphate in them. It is a kind of leavening agent which is absorbed as phosphorus in the body. It becomes all the more important to keep a track of how much phosphorus is accumulated in the body as too much of phosphorus might result in bone loss and in extreme cases, osteoporosis.
- The presence of carbohydrates in fries increases the risk of type 2 diabetes in persons consuming them.
- The high consumption of fries is associated with increased blood pressure and a greater risk of hypertension.
- Many studies have reached the conclusion that eating a lot of fries is directly related to an increased risk of asthenozoospermia, a disorder relating to reduced sperm motility.
- The high amount of omega-6 present in fries can disturb the balance of omega-3 and omega-6 in the body and lead to inflammation.
- The intake of fries is especially harmful to pregnant women. This is because of the presence of acrylamide in them. Generally, the fetus is very susceptible to acrylamide. So, to avoid any harmful effect it should be avoided.
SOME HEALTHY FRIES OPTIONS
- Skinny oven fries
- Oven-baked curly fries
- Crispy baked avocado fries
- Butternut squash fries
- Paprika parsnip fries with sriracha dipping sauce
- Grilled carrot fries
- Crispy baked Portobello mushroom fries
- Cajun sweet potato fries
- Crispy parmesan zucchini fries
- Yucca fries with mojo mayonnaise
- Spicy spiraled shoe string jicama fries
- Pita chips
- Kale chips
- Green bean fries
- Avocado fries
ALTERNATIVES TO FRIES
- Cinnamon carrot chips with honey yogurt dip
- Tomato chips
- Baked butternut squash chips
- Baked taro chips
- Pineapple chips n’ dip
- Brussels sprouts chips
- Garlic rosemary baked sweet potato chips
- Cinnamon sugar radish chips
- Dehydrated peach chips
- Baked banana chips
- Baked rosemary beet chips
- Baked tofu chips
- Slow-roasted pear chips
- Baked Zucchini chips with parmesan
- Eggplant chips with Cilantro Pesto
- Baked Swiss Chard Chips
- Maple cinnamon Parsnip chips
- Crispy Curried Turnip Chips
- Crispy mushroom chips
- Crispy Prosciutto chips
- Salt and vinegar kale chips
- Spiced apple chips
- Sweet and Spicy Plantain chips
- Baked mozzarella sticks
- Baked tortilla chips
- Cheese bacon oven chips
- Daikon radish chips
- Bare veggie chips
- Saffron road baked lentil chips
Thus, one can very well reach the conclusion that fries are bad for health in a number of ways and they should be substituted with healthier food alternatives as discussed.
You can keep a check on your diet and diet plan by consulting the best dietitian in Delhi and see help from them. However, one thing is to be kept in mind that these fries are harmful only if consumed in excessive amount; once their intake is restricted to a certain amount they do not prove to be harmful.