Essentials of Healthy Lifestyle
Healthy Living – the concept itself is taking a toll in our lives. In today’s generation where pollution rules the globe, where lives of people are injected with artificial flavors, agents and various harmful components be it in food or products, healthy living should be undertaken in order to sustain.
What do you mean by healthy living?
Healthy living as a whole is a phenomenon where an individual eats healthy foods, takes active exercises, follows a regular pattern of the body clock, maintains cleanliness, and practices sanitization and so on. Healthy living is one of the most essential parts of life. It controls our body and helps us to keep fit.
How can we practice healthy living?
Healthy living can be practiced through regular habits that are developed day by day. This can be broadly categorized into
- eating healthy.
- Having healthy habits.
- Exercising regularly.
- Implementing everyday habits to bring in changes in your life.
Eating healthy: Eating healthy is one of the most important steps in healthy living. Fruits, vegetables and green in the stomach would help bring a glow to the skin and keep the internal body system at a wonderful condition. Some of the most sought-after and healthy food is as follows:
- Apples: “An apple a day/ Keeps the doctor away” – as the saying goes, apples are extremely beneficial for the body. Vitamin C, antioxidants, fiber – apple contains them all.
- Bananas: One of the best sources of Potassium, Bananas are usually eaten after having some other food, otherwise it can cause gas. They are also highly available and portable.
- Oranges: Known for its high content of Vitamin C, oranges are tasty and can be also used as a flavoring agent in many dishes. In addition, they contain fiber, antioxidants and so on.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are low in carbohydrates and calories but they are high in nutrition. This is extremely beneficial for people undergoing a carb-free diet. Vitamin C, fiber and manganese can be obtained by the consumption of Strawberries.
- Almonds: Having almonds would fulfill the need for vitamin E, antioxidants, magnesium and fiber in the body. It is one of the most popular types of nuts.
- Coconuts: Loaded with fiber, powerful fatty acids such as triglycerides, coconut is tasty. In fact, coconut water is healthier than any of the carbonated drinks, can satisfy thirst and most importantly, it can also provide nutrition.
- Broccoli: Broccoli among the vegetables would taste great when cooked and even uncooked. It would satisfy the need for vitamin K and vitamin C, the fiber in the body and also contains a hefty amount of protein when compared to other vegetables.
- Carrots: Tasty and crunchy, carrots are great to consume as it has a very high nutritious value. It is rich in fiber, vitamin K and antioxidants.
- Cucumber: Having a huge water content, cucumber is low in calories and carbs and contains a small amount of Vitamin K.
These are some of the food items one should try on a regular basis to have a healthy living.
Healthy eating habits: This includes eating at regular intervals so that gastroenteritis and ulcer do not occur.
It also includes eating in measured amounts keeping in mind the calorific value of foods.
Often prepared and readymade meals are consumed. However, it is always safe to cook one’s own meal whenever possible.
For people having diabetes and cholesterol, ghee or butter should be avoided and instead sunflower oil; mustard oil and so on should be used.
Exercising Regularly: It is extremely important to shed off extra calories one that one has consumed. This can be done by exercising.
- Exercising also helps in controlling the blood pressure, blood sugar and regulates blood flow throughout the body.
- As a matter of fact, exercising also helps to strengthen muscles and bones.
- Brain health is improved and the sensitivity of memory also increases via exercise.
- Exercising also helps with sleeping and improves sleep quality.
- A boost in energy levels also occurs while exercising.
Implementing everyday habits: Good habits can change the lifestyle altogether. Some of the good habits that would contribute to healthy living are as follows:
- Waking up and sleeping at a regular and scheduled time period.
- Switching off your phone while sleeping to prevent disturbance.
- Washing your hands with sanitizer before and after meals.
- Drinking water as soon as you wake up and before you sleep in order to detoxify your body.
- Meditating on a regular basis to calm your mind.
- Having a balanced diet including vegetables, proteins, fish, and meat.
By following these methods, it is easy to achieve a healthy body and it would definitely serve the purpose of healthy living. It is advisable to seek help from the best dietitian in Delhi or consider a Health coach to walk you through a healthy lifestyle journey with customized diet plans.