Gulkand (Rose Petals Jam):
Gulkand (rose-petal jam) is one of the most delightful Ayurvedic products ever known. Gulkand or Gulqand is a jar of rose petals made in India and in some other Asian countries. The word ‘Gulqand’ is derived from gul, which means flower in Persian, and qand, which means sweet in Arabic.
Gulkand is one of the elements used in Paan – the traditional Indian mouth freshener. It is a fact that, like wine, it turns into better as it ages.
Typically, gulkand is made from the rose petals of the desi or the wild rose plant. However, owing to the predominance of the hybrid rose varieties, it is tough to find the desi variety everywhere. No worries, it can be made from the hybrid variety of roses, too. But the traditional one is the best.
An Ayurvedic tonic, it is a delicious and nutritious food that can easily be prepared at home. All at once, its health benefits are unignorably. The well-known benefit of Gulkand is that it has a cooling effect on the body. In addition to this, it has a wide variety of other amazing benefits for your health and happiness.
Gulkand is a remarkable home remedy for the acidity, used as a tonic in order to relieve lethargy, muscle ache, itching, fatigue and overexposure to heat and considered very efficient in purifying the blood and improving eyesight and memory.
Health Benefits of Gulkand:
Pacifies Pitta Dosha:
Gulkand pacifies extra pitta in the body which can cause heat, and so keeps the body cool. It is so effective and takes away heat-related problems like tiredness, lethargy, itching, rashes, aches, and pains and reduces any burning sensations in foot soles and palms.
Improves Memory & Eyesight:
It also allows enriching memory power. It is a highly effective antioxidant, which also aids in improving eyesight, and also reduces the redness and inflammation of the eyes.
Take one or two teaspoons of it daily to lower stomach heat and acidity. It also helps in improving appetite, and bettering digestion to keep you at ease, corrects digestive issues, and free of any irritation in the stomach lining.
Excellent Skin Tonic:
Gulkand is wonderful for the skin. It eliminates toxins from the body and cleans the blood, and so prevents various skin issues like blackheads, acne, pimples, blemishes, and rashes. Explore more on how you can glow your skin naturally!
Protection during the summer:
Eat two-teaspoon full of gulkand before going out in the sun, it protects against sunstroke by cooling the body. It also prevents nosebleeds that occur due to excess heat in the body. It protects from sunstroke, controls nosebleed in summer. Learn more about healthy living in summer.
Treat Mouth problems:
It pleasures mouth ulcers, makes teeth and gums strong.
It reduces women’s problems like leucorrhea and heavy menses. It adjusts sperm defects in males like less or weak sperms.
A Complete tonic:
It is a fantastic tonic, reduces stress, and strengthens the heart, liver and central nervous system. It cuts down the acidity and reduces heat in the stomach, treats ulcers and swelling in the intestine.
Other uses of Gulkand:
- It allows getting rid of burning sensations insoles and hands.
- It allows decreasing discomfort in heels.
- It decreases uric acid levels, so it is beneficial for sufferers with arthritis pain.
- It reduces mental stress and relaxes the mind.
- It is great for light to average constipation.
- Women can consume it during pregnancy because Ayurveda considers it safe in pregnancy.
- It is an organic treatment for kid’s bowel problems.
- The frequent intake of Gulkand prevents sunburn that commonly occurs in the summertime.
- An organic solution allows getting rid of nosebleed.
- Cancer sufferers going through chemotherapy are advised to take it to lower the adverse reactions of these treatments.
- It decreases stomach pain and discomfort during periods.
- It also minimizes the adverse reactions of medications, painkillers and other strong drugs that causes headache, nausea, burning sensation and stomach problems.
The standard dose of gulkand is 1 tablespoon 2 times a day, morning and evening.
Gulkand can be consumed on its own or added to milk, lassi or juices. It can also be added to rose tea.
The above were just some of the wonderful health benefits that gulkand has to offer you. Any individual can benefit from the wonders of gulkand; even so, diabetes patients should consult their doctor before consuming it.