Custard apple commonly known as ‘Shareefa’ contains many nutrients and minerals that are beneficial for a healthy body. Eating custard apple can save you from many diseases and disorders. The fruit is good for heart, skin, and bone, and maintains blood pressure. Custard apple is also helpful in curing of boils, ulcers, and gum related problems. The leaves of these fruits work against cancer, bark can be used in case of toothache, and gum pain.
Benefits of Custard Apple
The different nutrients with its health benefits are given as:
- Vitamin C: Custard apple contains anti-oxidant vitamin C, which fights free radicals thereby preventing diseases such as coronary heart diseases, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol etc.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A in the fruits is beneficial in keeping skin and hair healthy. This vitamin is essential for eye health (learn more about type of vitamins).
- Potassium: Potassium in the sweet fruits makes you active and removes the lethargy. Potassium also helps to fight muscle weakness.
- Magnesium: Magnesium helps to maintain water balance in the body. It is good for arthritic patients as it helps in removing acids from joints.
- Copper: Copper in custard apple works in improving digestion and hence against constipation
- Fiber: It has plentiful of fiber, which is helpful in smooth digestion and eases constipation.
Hence, Custard apple has a significantly high amount of protein and if you are on a high protein diet, this fruit is a boon.