Hey Readers! How are you doing? Feeling Healthy and Happy? Today we will talk about Vitamin D. Vitamin D prevents Osteoporosis, Depression, Prostate cancer, Breast cancer and even controls Diabetes & Obesity. Vitamin D is perhaps the single most “underrated nutrient” in the world of nutrition. That’s probably because it’s free! Your body makes it when sunlight touches your skin!
Drug companies cannot sell you sunlight, so there is no promotion of its health benefits.
- Vitamin D is produced by your skin in response to exposure to ultraviolet radiation from natural sunlight.
- The healing rays of natural sunlight (that generate vitamin D in your skin) cannot penetrate glass.
So you don’t generate vitamin D when sitting in your car or home.
- It is nearly impossible to get adequate amounts of vitamin D from your diet. Sunlight exposure is the only reliable way to generate vitamin D in your own body.
- A person would have to drink ten tall glasses of vitamin D fortified milk each day just to get minimum levels of vitamin D into their diet. Learn how deficiency of vitamin-D can make you obese?
The further you live from the equator, the longer exposure you need to the sun in order to generate vitamin D. Canada, the UK, and most U.S. States are far from the equator.
- People with dark skin pigmentation may need 20 – 30 times as much exposure to sunlight as fair-skinned people to generate the same amount of vitamin D (Read more on vitamin rich diet).
That is why prostate cancer is epidemic among black men — it’s a simple, but widespread, sunlight deficiency.
- Sufficient levels of vitamin D are crucial for calcium absorption in your intestines. Without sufficient vitamin D, your body cannot absorb calcium, rendering calcium supplements useless.
- Chronic vitamin D deficiency cannot be reversed overnight: it takes months of vitamin D supplementation and sunlight exposure to rebuild the body’s bones and nervous system.
- Even weak sunscreens (SPF=8) block your body’s ability to generate vitamin D by 95%. This is how sunscreen products actually cause disease -by creating a critical vitamin deficiency in the body.
- It is impossible to generate too much vitamin D in your body from sunlight exposure: your body will self-regulate and only generate what it needs.
- If it hurts to press firmly on your sternum (chest/breast bone), you may be suffering from chronic vitamin D deficiency right now.
- Vitamin D is “activated” in your body by your kidneys and liver before it can be used.
- Having kidney disease or liver damage can greatly impair your body’s ability to activate circulating vitamin D.
- The sunscreen industry does not want you to know that your body actually needs sunlight exposure because that realization would mean lower sales of sunscreen products.
Vitamin D is one of the most powerful healing chemicals in your body and your body makes it absolutely free. No prescription required. Know more about type of Vitamins and their importance.
Hope you liked this blog. Stay tuned for more healthy tips. Till then remain happy and healthy. Drop comments for any query and contact us for the free consultation.