ARE DIET PILLS THE SILVER BULLET FOR OBESITY?
What is obesity?
Obesity is a medical condition marked by excessive weight or body fat that has a negative impact on the health of an individual. The most important tool to detect whether a person is obese or not, is the body mass index (BMI) of that person. Obesity is linked to a number of diseases which can develop in a human being. These diseases are very difficult to handle. So, it is better to treat the root cause itself i.e. obesity. If one is successful in tackling obesity well, then there can be no denying that there will be a significant reduction in the number of diseases.
What are diet pills?
Well, there are several ways to defeat obesity. One of the most significant of which is the diet pill. A diet pill is a pill orally taken so as to add to your regular diet. This pill is specifically designed to promote weight loss. It is mainly composed of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, botanical products, organ products, etc. that help in the reduction of fat and achieve the much-desired weight loss goals.
What is the mechanism behind the working of diet pills?
This is one of the most significant questions to ask. What is the working of these diet pills? How do they accomplish their goal? Well, the answer does not seem to be too difficult.
The ingredients present in the diet pills have a significant impact on the body in a number of ways like:
- They curb the food cravings in the body.
- They make the body feel as if you have eaten a lot.
- They speed up the metabolism process in the body.
- They lower the rate of fat production in the body.
- They even lower down fat absorption in the body by disrupting the capacity of the body to absorb nutrients.
- They contain substances which perform the role of appetite suppressants.
What are the different diet pills which can be taken in order to avoid obesity?
The various diet pills which can be taken in order to avoid obesity are:
- Hydroxycut– This pill is a combination of almost ten ingredients including caffeine and hydroxy tea. This pill works by increasing metabolism in the body and suppressing the appetite.
- Orlistat– this pill is also known as Alli. This pill works by preventing the breakdown of fat in the gut, which then, in turn, leads to a reduction in calories.
- Trimspa– Trimpsa is another diet pill composed of chromium, cocoa, green tea extract, glucosamine HCL that reduces appetite in individuals.
- Liraglutide– this diet pill acts by fooling the intestinal hormone which sends the brain the message that the stomach is full.
- Qsymia- This diet pill helps in weight loss by making an individual feel full, burning calories, and making the food feel less appealing.
- Contrave– the diet pill works by increasing metabolism in the body, suppressing the appetite.
- Meratrim- this pill is made by the unification of different plant extracts. The pill inhibits the multiplication of fat cells in the body. Not simply this, it helps to burn the stored fat by significantly reducing the amount of fat taken from the bloodstream.
What are the side effects of diet pills?
With advantages come disadvantages. Same is the case with diet pills. Although these pills perform a very useful task of dealing with obesity, but with it, they bring certain attached risks. These risks are in the form of various side effects like:
- The intake of diet pills might result in situations of increased blood pressure and a faster heart rate.
- It results in loss of sleep in many individuals.
- The blocking of absorption of fats by these dietary pills might lead to health issues like irregular bowel movements, stomachache, etc.
- Some diet pills may even block the absorption of carbohydrates in the intestines which is a home for several diseases.
- The prolonged use of diet pills might result in headache, nausea, vomiting, etc.
- Diet pills may damage the liver in extreme cases.
- They are known to contribute to a number of kidney problems in the body.
How are diet pills abused?
Diet pills which were designed to be a blessing have turned out to be a curse in many situations. This is because of one or more of the following reasons:
- Excessive consumption of dietary pills
- Consuming diet pills more than the recommended dosage
- Not taking into account the different requirements of different individuals
- Intake of diet pills without doctors’ prescription
- Consuming various diet pills at the same time
Though dietary pills can be considered as a silver bullet for obesity but their consumption should in a way be restricted due to the attached side effects. These pills reduce the body weight in an individual but their consumption should not be unlimited. In fact, they should be taken with doctors’ prescription.