Juices after the workout
Consider cautiously when choosing what you consume post-workout, it can have a significant effect on the results. As tempting as it is to get for coffee, the more efficient alternative is a nourishing, refueling home-made juice.
It is important to keep yourself hydrated post-workout. A hydrating green juice is a great way to rejuvenate the body with live enzymes, vitamins, and nutrients.
The key to an efficient post-workout juice is quality, making a homemade fusion, the best alternative to a conventional sports drink which is packed with unhealthily processed sugars.
The following are juice recipes packed with nutrients, to help you make the most of your workout and the rest of your day.
Glowing Green Juice
- 75 g watermelon, cubed
- spinach or other leafy greens
- 250 mL of coconut water or water
- 1 apple
- 3 tbsp. avocado
- fresh lime juice, to taste
- large mint leaves, to taste
- 5 ice cubes
- Refrigerate the watermelon cubes overnight or until frozen solid.
- In a blender, put together all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Add into a glass.
Tip: If using water rather coconut water, you may need to add a bit of liquid sweetener to comprise for the lack of sweetness.
- 2 beetroots, quartered
- 1/2 cup beet leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 800 ml of filtered water
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 ginger, peeled
- Dip the beetroot in a bowl with salt and water and keep to soak overnight.
- The following day, eliminate the beetroot. put the liquid into a blender.
- Bring the carrots, celery, and ginger and blend until smooth.
- Store in a large airtight jar in the refrigerator. Keep for 48 hours.
- 1/2 Lime, peeled.
- 2 apples
- 1/4 pineapple
- 1/4 medium cucumber
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- fresh wheatgrass
- 1 tbsp. of spirulina
- 1 capsule of acidophilus bacteria powder
- Ice Cubes
- Make a juice of the apples, pineapple, cucumber, and
- Put the avocado into a blender combined with the ice, wheatgrass, spirulina, and the bacteria powder.
- Blend all until smooth.
- 2 apples
- 2 pears
- 3 celery sticks
- 10 radishes
- Clean the fruit and vegetables cut the apples and pears into chunks.
- Put it all in the juicer and chill the juice prior to drinking.
Cinnamon Ginger juice
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 1 celery stalk, about 10 sticks with leaves
- 1 apple
- 1 small ginger
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- Put spinach, lettuce, and cucumber into the juicer in the mild setting. Then choose a high mode and juice the celery, apple, and ginger.
- Switch the juice to a blender, put cinnamon and stevia and beat for a couple of seconds to separate the cinnamon.
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1/3 cucumber
- 2 kale leaves
- 2 chard leaves
- 1/2 small fennel bulb
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1 lemon, peeled
- a handful of parsley
- a handful of coriander leaves
- 1 small piece of ginger
- Slice all the fruit and vegetables into pieces sufficiently small to fit in the juicer and transfer the whole lot through the juicer to glasses. Drink immediately.
Celery Pear Green Juice
- 6 pears, sliced and de-seeded
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 cups kale
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint
- 1. Juice all of the ingredients together in the juicer.
- Chill and serve.
Mango, Kale, Spinach, and Apple Juice
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1 cup kale leaves, packed
- 1 cup spinach leaves, packed
- 1 apple, cut
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1. Add all of the ingredients for 30 seconds to a minute on the high mode in the juicer or blender using a fine mesh strainer.
- 2. Pour out the juice into a strainer set on the top of a bowl.
Consulting an online sports nutritionist/Dietitian can be an added advantage to the people who are into a bodybuilding routine. Do not forget to check out our packages for more details about sports nutrition and fitness.