Keto Recipes – the term itself is intimately associated with the keto diet. Before indulging into keto dinner recipes, it is important for us to know what we exactly mean by a keto diet.
What is a keto diet?
A keto diet or a ketogenic diet is one that consists of very low amounts of carbohydrates in it, and the body produces ketones in the liver in which in turn is used by the body to serve energy to itself. Through the starvation of carbohydrates, the body can survive through ketones. This metabolic state of using ketones in order to make the body accommodate the loss of carbohydrates is being achieved by the keto diet.
Our picks for the best ketogenic diet for Indian vegetarians are:
- Fresh Bell Pepper Basil Pizza: The yellow and red bell pepper adds a whole new level of crunchiness, taste, and sweetness to the dish. The freshly chopped Basil brings freshness to the dish. As a matter of fact, this can be used as a base for other pizzas.
- Keto Brownie Muffins: Delicious and attention-worthy, keto breakfast brownie muffins are great breakfast as well as snack dishes. As a matter of fact, they can keep you full until lunch time or dinner time. It is low in carbs and doesn’t have too many calories, too. Thus, Brownie Muffins are the best when you are on a diet.
- Crispy Tofu and Bok Choy Salad: While baking of the tofu is done with garlic, lemon and sesame oil, the dressing of bok choy salad is done by lime, peanut butter, sambal olek. The dish, when prepared has fresh balls of cubic shapes that are crunchy on the outside and full of flavor and taste inside.
- Zucchini Ribbons & Avocado Walnut Pesto: Delicious and perfect for dinner, Zucchini Ribbons and Avocado Walnut Pesto have been in trend for a long time now. As a matter of fact, they are very convenient to make when zucchini ribbons are included instead of zucchini noodles. When these white, delicious zucchini ribbons combine with the oh so tasty avocado walnut pesto, it would make the best dish, ever.
- Tomato Basil and Mozzarella Galette: Another Basil dish in the keto diet again. Strangely, the more rustic they appeal, the better they taste. It can serve as a great dessert dish and filling it with low carbohydrate containing fruits will make it heavy enough to sustain you till dinner.
- Vegetarian Greek Collard Wraps: It is filled with fresh, green vegetables along with salty feta and the oh-so-creamy tzatziki. Made from the Greek yogurt, garlic, grated cucumber tzatziki is really tasty. It can be made either in a jiffy or as an authentic brand. Marinated artichoke hearts or pepperoncini rings can also be added on to increase the flavors in the dish.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Good for the dinner and can be made heavy enough, Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a win-win all the time. The bread is toasted and the sandwich has cheese oozing out of it. The cheese can be grilled and put in the sandwich which is again unconventional. Hence you can serve this dish with decoration and a little expertise.
- Cheesy Hearts of Palm Dip: This is a heavy dish perfect for keto dinner. The Cheesy Hearts of Palm Dip are dairy sensitive. At the same time, they are delicious, hot and cheesy. The low carbohydrate vegetables add to the nutrition and also helps you stay in the keto diet. This is indeed the perfect and the most appealing dish for the keto vegetarians.
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese: Creamy, cheesy, and colorful – the cauliflower mac and cheese are definitely a win-win because they add flavor and taste along with great look-good vibe that it comes with. Turmeric is responsible for the bright yellow hue present in the dish, itself. Mustard, garlic, and cheddar cheese comprise the sauce. We pour the cheese in the sauce as well as during serving to bring flavors to it.
- Personal Pan Pizza Dip: The pizza dip recipe is filled with mushroom and pepper flavored onion. The taste can be enhanced by serving this dish with veggie dippers and breadsticks.
So, here are the 10 best Indian Keto Dinner Recipes for vegetarians. Already drooling over these delicious dishes? Get your grocery list out, prepare and enjoy the feast.